23 March 2012

C-food and C-sterhood

One of the beautiful gifts God gave me is the gift of friendship, the gift of sisterhood.

No recent pictures yet, so here goes . . .

ME and I. Haha.

I thank God for giving me such a sister. This day is just one of the many usual moments I have with her--usual yet special. "Usual" because what we did was something that we usually do. Haha. We went to Mass then we ate. We had a hard time looking for a non-meat food stall because today is Friday. (And part of the Lenten sacrifices of Catholics is to not eat meat on all Fridays of Lent (including Ash Wednesday and Good Friday), this is one of our (all Catholics) external expressions of our wanting to unite with the sacrifices of Jesus. (Wow! Four parentheses in one!)) So, my sister and I, decided to go at the "food court" area where we would have a lot of food choices. We end up eating C-food: Calamares and C-sig (Sisig) bangus. Hahaha. Seafood, I mean.

After eating, we talked. Here's the special part. We talked a lot of things. We reminisced college days, shared stories we still don't know about. From college days to what happened after it, until the present time. And the night was not enough recounting our many experiences--the highs and lows of our friendship--and how our Blessed Lord moves and writes our sisterhood story. I was near to tears because I cannot and would never comprehend the greatness of God's wisdom, all is in His perfect timing.

THANK YOU LORD!

Our other pictures . . . 

Morning of our graduation at I-forgot-where.

Watching a movie during breaks in our review sessions for the nurse board exam.

At a pro-life rally.

+
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Most Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
St. John the Apostle, patron saint of friendship, pray for us.
+

No comments: