18 April 2010

Refresh!

Create in me, O God, a clean heart; give me a new and steadfast spirit!
--Psalm 51:12 (CCB)


That's the theme verse of our April 2010 CFC YFL Youth Camp. I am one of its team leader together with Paolo, my cousin. And this camp has been a refreshing camp, especially for me.


Refresh! Youth Camp Blogsite: www.2010refresh.blogspot.com

Pre-Youth Camp
Let's go as far as June 2009. Haha. Well, it was in May 2009 that my brother and another co-servant lead the service team for a youth camp (with the theme "Absolute"). And after that Absolute camp, I was next in line, together with Paolo, as its team leaders.

Preparing for the youth camp is reconnecting to the One True Source. The Service Team should be in a life of prayer and fasting.

God is so great that He had given me almost a year to prepare for the scheduled 2010 youth camp. But what God did prepare in me for almost a year was not the camp. God did prepare my heart. And by the time God saw that my heart is prepared, He then prepare the youth camp.

In preparing for the youth camp, the service team should have a S.H.O.U.T.-ing heart! That it should shout unto God declarations of praises!

A Heart of SURRENDER.
I have been serving in CFC Youth for Family and Life (CFC YFL) for five years (and counting). But while I am serving, I am living a double life. And if I am living a double life then I am not fit to be a lead a team who will serve at a youth camp. To know what happened next, click the "Saved Game" tab above.

A heart of surrender is a heart that lifts every burden, every excess baggage, hurt, pain, regret, sorrow, shamefulness, guilt, and everything to God. Turning away from darkness and lifting everything with a firm faith that God will let forgiveness and healing occur in that heart. Let go and let GOD! In preparing for the camp, I did surrender everything to the Father.

A Heart HONORING GOD.
The moment that forgiveness and healing occur, joy and freedom will overflow. That the human person would not want to do anything but to give thanks and praise to the Almighty! A heart honoring God is a heart living in holiness. A heart living a righteous life. As one of our Mission Volunteers said, "Live life to the purest!" (Fyron Umali). In preparing for the camp, I gave myself to live a righteous life. A life pleasing to God.

A Heart of OBEDIENCE.
"Obedience is better than sacrifice." -2 Samuel
A heart of obedience is a heart that accepts and does the will of the Father. More than anything else God wants an obedient servant rather than one who focuses his time and energy doing sacrifices. In preparing for the camp, I put God in command. That if this is His will, so be it.

A Heart UNDER GOD'S LOVE.
Our God is Love. A heart under God's love is a heart that lets God conquer one's weaknesses and sinfulness with God's unfathomable love. Once we put ourselves under the love of God, God will be great in our lives! He will be a great provider! He will provide us with the things we need.

A youth camp needs a youth camp venue. By that time, we have less than a month to prepare for the camp and yet we still do not have a venue to conduct the youth camp. Truly, the Love of God Provides! My heart was an expectant heart; and it expects great things from God. I did not limit my great God because He in Himself is limitless. And by God's love and providence, He provided us with a good camp venue. (Side note: Naka-aircon ang venue.)


A Heart full of TRUST.
Aside from being a servant of God through CFC YFL, I am also a student. I go to school while the service team and I prepare for the camp. Yes, I did worry. One week to go before the camp, we still don't have the camp ID. Yes, I did worry. Hours before the camp, some things are still not on its proper places. Yes, I did worry. But I remembered that I should not be a worry-er; but a warrior! I battled my worries with prayer, the greatest weapon of all. I have put my trust in God that things will be in God's control.

Intra-Youth Camp
And so the youth camp started. Everyone is excited as always. And I just can't thank God enough that everything falls into its proper places right before my eyes. And all I do is to be awed at God's work. And for this camp, we had a catch of 31 new souls. It was an awesomely refreshing youth camp.


I'm giving Session 3 of the Youth Camp.


Also, I was able to give a talk at a youth camp for the first time. I have given talks before but during assemblies only. And it is a dream come true.

Post-Youth Camp
As one service team, we give praise and thanks to God who is the very reason of our youth camp. Every after camp, we always conduct a Youth Camp Evaluation. The evaluation of the core servants together with our coordinators see that the Refresh! Youth Camp was an awesome camp. I also hear other commendations regarding the camp that they enjoyed it. And the best thing was, the participants themselves say that they enjoyed the camp and they were the ones asking us, "Kelan next activity mga ate, mga kuya?" Also, the parents of our participants say that somehow there had been changes in their children. And for us, the service team, hearing and knowing all of these make our hearts dance in joy and gladness.


Truly, I believe that the camp was awesome for it is not about us. It is ALL ABOUT GOD!

With this, may God be forever praised!




Youth Camp Photos


The Service Team


Teaching the Cluster Tres Chant


Session 1. Kuya Justin Francisco. 
In a very formal attire.


Session 2. Kuya DR Arellano.


Session 5. Kuya Marko Caringal.


Service Team doing the Kalye Onse.

Back of Rock Youthfest T-shirt.
CFC YFL Website.

No comments: