29 December 2011

Heart Status

Boracay from the 25th to the 29th of December 2011. It was my first time. Yey!


I am with (from Left to Right) ate April, kuya Tony, Paolo, Nino, (and that's me), Kevin, Daddy, and tito Pol, who took the picture.


BORACAY FORMED MY HEART.

Banana boat. Helmet diving. Boat sailing. Island hopping at Puka Beach. Skim boarding. Eating. Sleeping. Food coma (Sleeping right after eating). Walking and lots of it.

Doing this new things (plus the Zipline and Wall climbing done in Eco Park, QC.), all of them for the first time except for the eating-sleeping-food coma part, reminded me of what I stood up for God at the beginning of the year 2011: To live a FEARLESS life for Him. And to live a fearless life is to always grip on to God's sufficient, saving, sanctifying GRACE because He is always gripping on us. If I have remained in my fear of doing new things, I wouldn't be able to experience how great those things are, and ultimately, how Great GOD is.

I don't have much interest in adventurous stuffs, but as I did the above-mentioned activities, the more I became awed of how great God is. The more I get to bask in the greatness of our Creator. 

God is the Master of all. In all the things I saw and did, what I always say is: "Ang galing ng Diyos!" (Great is our God). That for every wave tossed in the ocean, He is in control. That the coordination of His creation, sea, wind, and all, was designed very well. That the entire scene is God's artwork. And that Boracay is one big playground created by God for His children.


BORACAY BROKE MY HEART.

As hotels and restaurants were all over the place, so are bars and beers. We went there on the 25th. And it was heartbreaking to see some who celebrates Christmas without having the real Reason of celebrating it: JESUS. It breaks my heart that Christmas--God becoming Man, uniting Himself fully: physically and spiritually, with man--became just a holiday to some.

It breaks my heart to see some who do not respect their bodies as exposing them as if they are having a private time, forgetting that they are in a public place. And that there are also a lot of shops offering temporary and permanent tattoo; and I even saw kids having one.

If you don't respect your body, who will? . . . Our bodies is an invitation to love, and not an invitation to lust. --Jason Evert, Catholic chastity speaker.

It is heartbreaking to see that the virtue of chastity and purity of life, of body and soul, were abandoned by many. Maybe because they just don't know or, worse, they have forgotten about it. My heart breaks when I see people missing out the point of living life to the purest. 

As these things broke my heart, it also affirmed me that there are a lot of work to be done and we are on the right track.


MMH.

When Jesus saw [his] Mother, and the disciple, he said to [his] Mother, "Woman, this is your son." Then he said to the disciple, "There is your mother." And from that moment the disciple took her to his own home. --John 19:26-27, NAB


At the very last day of our stay in Boracay, by God's plan and grace we saw a grotto of Mother Mary; elevated, situated in a rock. I wasn't expecting it in Boracay. And it reminded me that even Boracay is under the Motherly love of our Perpetual Blessed Virgin; and that Mary will not forsake us. She is our Mother, and we are her children.




I noticed, as well, that when some climbed up to the grotto to take picture, they won't include Mary in. They'd just take advantage of the elevation of the place. And yes, it broke my heart again.


There is really a lot of things that needs to be done. And I have to have a heart like Mary: MMH (Mama Mary Heart). A heart full of obedience, trust, and courage. 


God will meet us right where we are. Whether on mission or on vacation, God will. He never stops surprising His children. And as He surprises them, He teaches them. He assures His children that He is God. 


I have to remain FEARLESS for my God is now my Strength!


Most Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.


A blog of Boracay pictures will follow; I just don't know when that will be.

No comments: